Natural Resources and Environmental Management (English Programme)
Environmental Management and Technology Programs students are equipped with updated knowledge basis of environmental and natural resources management, remote sensing and GIS applications in natural resources management; knowledge of treatment technology to water supply, waste water, waste gas and solid waste.
2. CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Environmental Management and Technology engineers can meet the recruitment needs and work at the national and local state agency on environment, projects management board, manufacturing enterprises, industrial areas, non-governmental organizations, domestic anf foreign environmental consulting firms and centers, research institutes and universities specialized in environmental resource management.
- State management offices often recruit engineers of Environmental Management and Technology Science graduated from Hochiminh City University of Technology, such as Provincial Ministry and Department of Environment and Natural Resources; Provincial Conservation Department, Environmental Monitoring Center of the province, Ministry and Department of Science and Technology, Ministry and Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, District-based Department of Environmental and Natural Resources Management.
- Management Board of national, provincial, municipal, local projects such as of environmental sanitation and drainage basin improvement, renovation of river-basin water in quality, provincial management of solid waste, industrial zone and EPZ management, etc.
- Companies often recruit engineers of Environmental Management and Technology graduated from Hochiminh City University of Technology, including: SEEN, Energy Development Center (EDEC), Nike Vietnam, Clover Technologies Group, and the environmental consulting firm with advisory functions in setting up feasibility report for projects relating to the environment, natural resources, report for environmental impact assessment and for local/national/regional development planning, etc.
- Non-governmental organizations (NGOs) often recruit engineers og Environmental Management and Technology graduated from Hochiminh City University of Technology, including: IUCN Vietnam, CARE Vietnam, and foreign NGOs such as WWF, Save the Children, ENDA, social organizations such sa Water and Environmental Conservation Unions, Environmental Conservation Association, etc.
3. TRANSFER OPPORTUNITIES: 2 options:
Option 1: Students study at HCMUT - Bach Khoa (HCMUT) for 4 years and get the Bachelor of Environmental Management & Technology awarded by HCMUT - Bach Khoa (HCMUT).
- After completing 02 years at HCMUT - Bach Khoa (HCMUT, students with financial and academic eligibility may transfer to Griffith University (Australia) the later 02 trars to complete their study for Bachelor degree. The official bachelor degree is awarded by the Griffith University (Australia).
- The advantage of this option is that the student can save about 50% total fee (tuition fee and living expense) compared to studying for full 4 years in Australia to get a Bachelor Degree awarded by the Griffith University (Australia).
4. CURRICULUM STRUCTURE: 4 years, 144 credits
>> Please, check the information here