Congratulations to 02 students from FENR, a member of LogiOT team - Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology with the project "Optimal Logistics System for Organic Recycling" project for an outstanding performance and won two of the three top prizes of USAID BUILD-IT & Dow Vietnam STEM Program: eProjects showcase at September 27, 2022. There are:
USAID BUILD-IT & Dow Vietnam STEM Program: eProjects is an engineering innovation program during which faculty and industry mentors guide teams to address an industry-proposed problem statement by implementing a student-led project. During eProjects teams learn the hard and soft skills needed to become a professional engineer. Hard skills like designing, building, and testing a prototype and soft skills like team & project management. Over the years, the eProjects program has fostered university-industry collaboration through the BUILD-IT program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), implemented by Arizona State University and sponsored by Dow Vietnam STEM Program.
The project is a process of implementation within 6 months of a group of students from many different Faculties and Disciplines of Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology, which is mentored by Dr. Vo Thanh Hang (lecturer, Faculty of Environment and Natural Resources) with Mr. Nguyen Toan and Mr. Luu Minh Tri (expert, Down Vietnam). The student team members are below:
1. Vo Tan Thinh - Faculty of Environment and Natural Resources
2. Le Bach Thao - Faculty of Environment and Natural Resources (OISP)
3. Nguyen The Binh - Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering (OISP)
4. Tran Lan Anh - Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
5. Nguyen Vu Bich Ngoc - Faculty of Mechanical Engineering (OISP)
6. Thai Thi Minh Tram - Faculty of Mechanical Engineering (OISP)
7. To Huu Tin - Faculty of Mechanical Engineering (OISP)
8. Dao Gia Minh - Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
9. Hoang Viet Khanh - Faculty of Civil Engineering (OISP)
The project "Optimal Logistics System for Organic Recycling" is a system to help manage organic waste collection and transportation activities with optimized transportation costs using an IoT integrated Logistics model to encourage and raise people's awareness of waste sorting at the source and aim to protect the environment while ensuring economic efficiency.